A bedroom makeover doesn’t have to be wall to wall, including new furniture. It can be as easy as creating an accent wall – which still makes a huge statement!
Bedroom Makeover – Before and After
This is a WOW, right?! Same rug, same furniture but a huge impact thanks to the application of decorative wall molding and a statement color. Here’s how to update a wall in your home…
But before I begin, the reason this project was within the range of my abilities, is that I did not use a miter saw. Frankly, we don’t have one and I have never used one! To get around this, I used PVC molding and miter shears. It’s a really cool hack for those of us who don’t have a garage full of tools.
What you will need:
- PVC Molding
- Nail Gun
- Miter Shears
- 2 Foot Level
- Caulk Gun
- Nail Hole Fill
- Tape Measure
The most expensive item for this project was the nail gun. I chose the Craftsman 16 GA Cordless Finish Nailer Kit. The other option is the CRAFTSMAN 18 GA Cordless Finish Nailer Kit. I purchased the Craftsman 16GA because that’s what was in stock. The cordless option was key for me!
I mentioned above that I was able to easily make my corner cuts with miter shears! Using these really made this project doable for me.
How to create your own bedroom Makeover
- Measure and draw the lines on your wall using a level, tape measure and pencil.
2. Measure a box line and then use that measurement to mark your PVC molding.
4. Line up and attach the pieces to the wall, on your pencil lines, using your nail gun. If they don’t line up perfectly, you can use caulk to fill them in before painting. Complete all of your decorative boxes.
5. Fill your nail holes. Make sure to wipe off excess fill. Allow to dry.
6. Use caulk to fill in spaces where the corners may not have lined up perfectly. Make sure to wipe off excess caulk. Allow to dry.
7. Paint the trim. You may need to do more than one coat depending on the color. Allow to dry.
8. Paint your wall/s You may need more than one coat depending on the color. I chose my Sherwin Williams, Retreat, as my paint color.
9. Stand back and enjoy the beautiful transformation you created!
If you enjoyed these bedroom makeover tips, check out…
As always, thank you for reading, and feel free to send me a message or leave a comment! xoxo Jenna