Are you searching for a delicious cauliflower soup recipe? Cauliflower is certainly all the rage right now.
This Cauliflower Soup Recipe is not only delicious… it’s healthy!
I just adore the smell of soup simmering on a chilly fall or winter day. There’s nothing more comforting than the making and consuming of a warm bowl. This cauliflower soup recipe exceeded my expectations!
I love to tweak recipes to meet my family’s requests.
My version is adapted from this excellent Roasted Cauliflower Chowder by Erin Clarke of Well Plated. What drew me to the recipe was how Erin roasted the cauliflower. Oh my… the full flavor taste that was revealed by simply roasting the cauliflower is incredible! It made a soup that’s mainly vegetables taste full of body. You’d think you were eating something decadent – when actually, it’s all healthy veggies.
Here are a couple of small changes I made, but I’m sure the original recipe is equally excellent!
- When roasting the cauliflower, I used pre-chopped garlic instead of cloves
- Instead of 4 TB unsalted butter, I used 2.5 TBS Smart Balance with Omegas
- Instead of vegetable broth, I used chicken broth
- Instead of milk, I used almond milk
- Instead of 1/2 cup white cheddar, I used 3/4 cup Colby-Jack, but this was only because it was what I had. I think cheddar would be delicious!
- I added the garlic when I cooked the onions because I love the smell of garlic cooking!
Refer to Erin at Well Plated for the complete recipe and directions!
If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to check out…
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this recipe when you make it. Send me an email – I love chatting about healthy eating! xoxo Jen